How to Moto x pure Nougat Manual Update Moto X Pure Edition finally gets the Nougat update. Follow this guide to manually install Moto X Pure Nougat OTA on your device right now!
So now, go on and install Moto X Pure Edition Nougat OTA manually.
Steps to Install Moto x pure Nougat Manual Update
Manually installing the OTA requires your device to be complete stock, which means you should not have any custom recovery, ROM, or root installed on your device. If so, then please return back to stock Marshmallow and then follow this guide.
- As mentioned above, your Moto X Pure Edition device should be in completely stock state.
- The current Marshmallow build installed on your device must be 24.49-18-16.
- Take a backup of your phone
- Download the Moto X Pure Nougat OTA package:
- Connect your phone to the PC in MTP/File Transfer mode and copy the OTA zip to the root (Not in any folder) of the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device and power it down.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until you see the bootloader mode.
- Now, tap on either of the volume keys a few times until you see “Recovery” selected. Then tap on the Power key once to boot into recovery mode.
- The device will not directly enter into stock recovery, you will see an Android bot with no command text on the screen. When you do see this, press and hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up button once.
- Your device should now be in stock recovery.
- Navigating in stock recovery is not operated by touch. You will need to use the Volume keys to highlight an option and select/enter it using the Power button.
- So highlight “apply update from phone storage” or “apply update from SD card” and select it by pressing the Power key.
- You should now be seeing the “Blur_Version.24.231.16.clark_retus.retus.en.US.zip” file selected, so just press the Power button to select it and begin the update process.
Now, let the moto x pure nougat update take its course and wait for it to finish. Once it does, select “reboot system now” option.
Moto x pure Nougat Manual Update has now been installed on your device. You can now enjoy all its major features include split-screen multitasking, improved Doze, notification controls, data saver and much more. You also move along and root Moto X Pure on Nougat using Magisk.